Although the prices are not excessive, one cannot deny that the prices in Milan are high. And products like beverages, not necessarily alcoholic, will increase the visitor’s expenses.
Here is a list of products and their prices so that you can plan your budget before getting to Milan.
Food and beverages
- Take-away panini (sandwich): 3€ (US$3.3) – 5€ (US$5.4)
- Large pizza: 6€ (US$6.5) – 10€ (US$10.9)
- Pasta main course: 8€ (US$8.7) – 15€ (US$16.3)
- Dinner for two at an average-priced restaurant: 40€ (US$43.4) (minimum without wine).
Although the food is not very expensive, the drinks are. Note that the prices of the beverages are not normally written on the menu outside the restaurant, so make sure to ask inside.
- Beer: From 4€ (US$4.3)
- Soft-drink: From 3€ (US$3.3)
- Water: From 2€ (US$2.2)
- Single ticket (valid for 90 minutes): 1,50€ (US$1.6)
- 24-hour travel card: 4,50€ (US$4.9)
- Taxi from the Malpensa Airport to the city centre: 90€ (US$97.8)