Discover the beauty and glamour of the Italian Riviera on this 4-day tour along the picturesque Gulf of Genoa.
Italian Riveria: Tour of Genoa, Portofino & Cinque Terre
Day 1: Milan - Genoa
We'll leave Milan at 8:30 am and two hours later we'll arrive in the historical centre of Genoa. We'll follow the footsteps of Christopher Colombus, exploring the old port. Here, we'll find Palazzo San Giorgo, a spectacular building with a bright, colourful façade. We'll top off our visit to the city by replenishing our energy with a typical aperitif: traditional focaccia with a local liqueur.
You'll have the rest of the day free to explore at your leisure. We recommend visiting the Galata Museo del Mare muesum or the aquarium, one of the largest in Europe.
Day 2: Genoa - Sanremo - Genoa
After an early breakfast, we'll leave our hotel in Genoa and head to Sanremo, known as the City of Flowers. It is also famous for hosting the Sanremo Music Festival, which famously inspired the creation of the Eurovision Song Contest. You'll also be able to admire the outside of the Casino, one of the city's most luxurious buildings.
In Sanremo, you'll have free time to have lunch and potter around the shops on the promenade, before we head back to Genoa in time for dinner.
Day 3: Genoa - Portovenere - Cinque Terre - Genoa
Today we'll head to the beautiful fishing town of Portovenere. We'll take in the atmosphere of this coastal town, before heading to the port where we'll board a ferry to Cinque Terre. Made up of five villages (Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso) clinging to the mountains, looking out across the sea, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is a popular tourist destination known for its colourful houses and outstanding beauty.
In Monterosso, you'll be able to have lunch in the restaurant of your choice and enjoy the region's exquisite gastronomy. Once again, we'll return to Genoa and you'll be able to have dinner in your own time.
Day 4: Genoa - Camogli - Portofino - Santa Margherita Ligure - Milan
On the final day of our tour of the Italian Riviera, we'll start by visiting Camogli, where we'll step back in time at the impressive Castello della Dragonara castle. We'll then enjoy delicious focaccia with cheese to replenish our energy before heading to Portofino. From the pier, you'll have a brilliant view of the mysterious Castello Brown castle. Our next stop will be at Santa Margherita Ligure. We'll enjoy a panoramic visit of the city and find out why it's referred to as the 'pearl of Tigullio'.
In the afternoon, you'll be able to have lunch at one of the many excellent restaurants, and then we'll head back to the hustle and bustle of fashionable Milan.
- This tour includes a 3-night stay in a bed and breakfast hotel in Genoa. Normally we stay at the Hotel Western Moderno Verd, although this is subject to change.
- The prices stated are per person in a double or triple room. People that wish to travel alone will have to pay a supplement for an individual room.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 13 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 1,082
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transport in a luxurious, air conditioned coach.
English speaking multilingual guide.
3 nights bed and breakfast accommodation in Genoa.
Liqueur and focaccia on the first day in Genoa.
Cruise along the Cinque Terre coast.
Focaccia with cheese tasting in Camogli.
Meals (lunch and dinners) and drinks.
Tourist city tax (from 1 to 5 EUR per person per night).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 15 days before (Milan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.